You are a business owner and for sure you’ve already got an 1800 number. By now, you’d already know how an 1800 number works for your business – gives you an image of being a national business; portability; easy to use; and the like.
But not all folks know how to really maximise your 1800 number. Here are a few tips that can help sweeten the deal:
- If you have more than one 1800 number-consolidate them if you can. As your business grows, so will the need for more numbers. This can be achieved by discarding those numbers that you no longer use. It’s also a good idea to use the routing features within your 1800 service to route calls to their respective points of contact – as the ‘single number’ concept makes it easier to manage and control costs.
- Have several service contracts? Consolidate those as well – by consolidating, you get to have more efficient trunk usage and you even get to put yourself in a position for more favourable rates and terms.
- Make use of your caller ID services – by utilising caller ID, you are provided with caller history, which in turn helps you recognize the needs of the caller even before the begins. This puts you (or your staff) in a more ‘informed’ position to help your customer or address their needs faster.
- Make use of voicemail –checking voice mail through long-distance calling, local toll rates, or even wireless roaming can be quite expensive. With access to check voicemail or to get in touch with the home office, it will not just save you money in the long run, but also allows you to track incoming calls to the office much easier.
And last but not least…
- Talk to your provider –talk to your provider or carrier with regards to your terms of services. After all, your carrier has to be able to meet your needs. Here at 1800 Numbers Australia, we always welcome such calls and enquiries – whether you are a start-up or a growing business; we’re pretty sure that we have something suitable for you. Be it finding the perfect plans and packages for your 1800 number, or having a good payment scheme – we’d be more than happy to help you out!
Remember, your inbound number is not just any number – once you maximise your 1800 number, it can really do wonders for your business.